Fort Hays State University has released the Kansas Board of Regents mission for the search committee to replace long term president Edward Hammond who will step down after 27 years as the President of FHSU this June. Listed below is the mission and the full search committee. The committe is charged with narrowing the search to 3 or 4 candidates by April 22.
Board of Regents Charge to the Search Committee
1. The Committee shall assist and advise the Kansas Board of Regents in the selection of the next President of Fort Hays State University.
2. The Committee shall recommend to the Board in the form of a “Statement of Leadership Characteristics” or “Presidential Profile” the criteria for the position of President of Fort Hays State University to be approved by the Board no later than the January 2014 Board meeting. The board asks the Committee to consider inclusion of strong demonstrated skills in innovation, entrepreneurship, fiscal management, international and online education, and creative problem solving.
3. Appointees to the Committee will serve without predetermined bias for or against any prospective candidates nominated, referred, or discovered in the search process.
4. Committee members will agree to review all candidates without regard to race, religion, creed, or national origin.
5. Committee members shall commit to preserve the confidentiality of the search process and candidate identities. Such confidentiality is essential to the successful outcome of the search and must be maintained with professionalism and diligence at all times throughout the search process.
6. Appointees will serve with the understanding that the Committee will meet frequently over a period of months and that attendance at scheduled meetings is a top priority.
7. The Committee shall work with the advice of an executive search consultant to search and screen for appropriate candidates. The Committee shall evaluate nominations and applications.
8. The committee will present to the Kansas Board of Regents an unranked list of three to five candidates who are the most qualified for Board selection as the next President of Fort Hays State University. The Committee will work to advance the final three to five candidates to the Board by April 22, 2014.
Presidential Search Committee
Denis Miller, FHSU Foundation Chair, Partner at Mapes and Miller, CPAs, Phillipsburg
Stephen Donnelly, Faculty Senate President, Assistant Professor, Chemistry
Regi Wieland, Associate Professor, Advanced Educational Programs
Chris Roberts, Student Government President
Emily Breit, Department Chair, Economics, Finance, and Accounting
Jeff Briggs, Dean, College of Health and Life Sciences
David Storer, Classified Senate Vice President, Maintenance Supervisor of the Memorial Union
Joey Linn, Unclassified Senate President, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Registrar
Cindy Elliot, Associate Provost for Strategic Partnerships and Dean of Distance Learning
Dennis King, Director of the Virtual College and Learning Technologies
Alumni Association, Foundation Board, and Community
Bill Robbins, President/Owner, Farmers Bank and Trust, Overland Park
Jeff Copper, Owner, Jeff Copper Agency, LLC, Hays
Marcy Aycock, President, FHSU Alumni Association, Director, Early College Health Sciences Academy, Bulter Community College, Sedgwick
Diane Scott, Former Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs/Student Life, FHSU, Broomfield (CO)
Michael Schwanke, Co-anchor, KWCH Eyewitness News at Five, Wichita
Tammy Wellbrock, Executive Director, Hays Area Chamber of Commerce, Hays
Board of Regents
Robba Moran, Board of Regents Member, Manhattan
Janie Perkins, Former Board of Regents Member, Garden City
Andy Tompkins, President and CEO, Topeka
Francine Hestermann, Chief Financial Officer, FHSU Foundation, Hays